2017 10 10 Airfree 468×60 Banner (Home & Industry News)

Business

Published on June 24th, 2014 | by The GC Team

0

Onkyo announces capital/business alliance in Home AV business

Onkyo Corporation has announced that it has entered into a basic agreement with Baring Private Equity Asia to commence discussions to integrate Pioneer Home Entertainment into a Baring/Onkyo entity.

A portion of shares in Pioneer Home Electronics Corporation (PHE), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pioneer Corporation, will be transferred to Baring and Onkyo, after which Baring will have 51% stake in PHE. The remaining 49% will be determined in consultation between the related parties.

Pioneer and Onkyo said they will make an effort to increase competitiveness in the Home AV market by capitalising on the resources of the two companies, such as strong brand power and superior technologies. “The capital participation of Baring will maximise synergies including business expansion,” the companies said in a statement.

Pioneer and Onkyo will retain their existing brands.

Tags: , , , ,


About the Author

Get Connected is the top trade journal for the UK electricals industry. Its website is the fastest, most interesting and up to date in the business.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

nine + 8 =

Back to Top ↑
  • 2017-10-30 DeDietrich 300×250
  • The Latest…

  • 2017 09 01 Blomberg 300 x 250
  • GC Latest Tweets…

    Air treatment brand Meaco commits to £100K nationwide television advertising campaign... gcmagazine.co.uk/?p=…

    About 4 days ago from GC Magazine's Twitter via Twitter Web Client · reply · retweet · favourite

  • Read The Latest Issue...
  • News by Category

  • Archives


Subscribe to GC's weekly e-Bulletin