Published on March 24th, 2017 | by The GC Team0
Sonus faber reveals latest luxury loudspeaker range
The new Homage Tradition collection from Italy’s Sonus faber comprises three models – Guarneri Tradition, Sarafino Tradition and Amati Tradition – combining “the best of classic Italian design with contemporary luxury style.” All feature techniques and technologies developed from Sonus faber’s flagship trio of speakers: Aida, Lilium and Il Cremonese.
The collection includes the latest version of two of the company’s celebrated Homage speakers – the Amati floorstander and Guarneri standmounter, which have been redeveloped across various iterations since the 1990s.
Joining the Amati Tradition and Guarneri Tradition is a new floorstander that sits between them in the range – the Serafino Tradition, named after Santo Serafino, an 18th century Venetian master violin maker.
Vox Tradition, a matching centre speaker for surround sound systems, will arrive at a later date.
- Restyled version of Sonus faber’s classic ‘lute’ cabinet shape, which helps to control internal resonances
- ‘Stealth Ultraflex’ bass reflex system controls airflow and minimises distortion via a wave-shaped duct, exiting through an extruded aluminium rear panel
- Aluminium rear panel and ‘Dampshelves’ at the cabinets’ top and bottom add strength and rigidity
- Spiked support system made from layers of metal and elastomer further minimises the effect of resonance (Developed from Sonus faber’s patented Zero Vibration Transmission’ (ZVT) system)
- Two finish options: Red and Wenge, both lavishly lacquered and complemented by a host of design details, including Italian leather on the front baffle
- Amati Tradition 3.5-way floorstander: £23,500 per pair
- Serafino Tradition 3.5-way floorstander: £17,998 per pair
- Guarneri Tradition two-way standmounter: £13,600 per pair (inc. carbon fibre speaker stands)