Published on August 7th, 2014 | by The GC Team0
Dixons Carphone commences trading as listed company
Dixons Carphone today opened seven combined store-in-stores and announced plans for a further 23 by Christmas as it officially commenced trading on the London Stock Exchange.
The £3.6 billion merger between Dixons Retail plc and Carphone Warehouse Group was confirmed in May this year – the intent to create “a new retailer for the digital age.”
This morning, Sebastian James, Group Chief Executive of Dixons Carphone plc, said: “Today is a big day. We’re creating an organisation for the future where the products are just the beginning. We will not only help customers to access the technology and the connectivity that is right for them, but also find the expertise and services that bring them to life – the first and best company to offer this complete end-to-end proposition.
“Customers using Currys, PC World and Carphone Warehouse websites will be guided to the right place to buy from the whole range that we have to offer together – from a toaster to the latest smartphone.”
The new group employs more than 40,000 people in 14 countries and has c.3000 stores.
The seven shop-within-shops opening today are:
- Currys & PC World: 88 Oxford St, London, Greater London, W1D 1BX
- Currys: Century Retail Park, Lower High St, Watford, WD17 2SF
- Currys & PC World: Aylesbury Shopping Park, Cambridge St, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire HP20 1DG
- Currys & PC World: Cross Retail Park, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 1LX
- Currys & PC World: Shires Gare Retail Park, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, CV34 6RH
- Currys & PC World: Meteor Centre, Wheatcroft Way, Derby, Derbyshire, DE21 4RY
- Currys & PC World: The Capital Centre, London Way Walton-Le-Dale, Preston, Lancashire, PR5 4AW