Published on November 23rd, 2017 | by The GC Team0
It’s 50 years since the “Summer of Love”, and TEAC is celebrating the anniversary with a far-out new turntable, the TN-420, dressed in a distinctive “tie-dye” finish that would be striking in any era, but for some will generate nostalgia for the 1960s.
Beneath the laid-back hippy vibe, the TV-420 has all the technical engineering precision of the 21st century.
For easy connection to virtually any audio system, the TN-420 features switchable Phono / Line level outputs on RCA connectors as well as a digital output (via USB) for easy connection to a Mac or PC for playback and/or archiving of vinyl.
Main features include:
- 2-speed Turntable (33⅓ and 45 RPM) for LP/EP record playback
- Built-in phono equaliser amplifier for MM type cartridge (Line/Phono output switchable)
- USB digital output for transferring music from vinyl to Mac or PC
- Belt-drive turntable for enhanced speed control and consistency
- Manual arm lifter for direct tone arm control
- Static balanced S-shaped Tone Arm
- Replaceable headshell
- Anti-skating system prevents tracking errors
- Heavyweight Aluminium Die-cast Platter
- Japanese-made MM-type cartridge (audio-technica AT95E) included
- Corrosion-resistant gold-plated terminals
The TEAC TN-420 has an SRP of £329 and is available now.