Published on June 28th, 2018 | by The GC Team0
Hoover launches AI-equipped laundry appliances
Hoover has introduced a collection of laundry appliances equipped with Artificial Intelligence, the first of which launched this month (June 2018) in the form of 9kg and 10kg washing machines, with a 13kg model and 10kg/6kg washer dryer to follow in August.
The AXI collection of washing machines are WiFi-connected and can be controlled through the Hoover Wizard app, Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant.
These models are A+++ rated for energy efficiency and can compute laundry habits in order to provide washing plans suited to individual requirements. The guided washing feature recommends the most appropriate programme and saves frequently used cycles.
Total Care technology gives users the freedom to wash different fabrics and colours together and is complemented by Hoover’s Care Dose system, which automatically adds the right amount of detergent and softener based on water hardness and the selected programme.
Additional features include:
- Rapid wash programme of 14 minutes
- Steam function reduces ironing time or refreshes clothes
- Silent invertor technology reduces noise and vibration
- Voice control with Hoover Talks technology, which also provides laundry advice, general maintenance information and contact with Hoover’s after-sales service team
- Consumption monitoring with Eco-index provides report at the end of each cycle to help reduce water and energy use
- Geo-location technology checks weather forecast and works out best time to run a cycle
Hoover plans to expand on the AXI family later in the year with dishwashing, tumble drying and cooling models.