Published on September 2nd, 2020 | by The GC Team0
IFA 2020: New 45 cm dishwashers from Miele
German brand Miele is launching 45cm-wide dishwashers incorporating high-quality, convenient features which it says have so far been the preserve of larger appliances.
The G 5000 SL generation offers convenient loading, top performance and networking, and will be on the market this month (September 2020).
At the heart of the new range is EcoPower technology, which makes use of an improved circulation pump, new spray arms and a highly effective filter system, reducing water consumption to six litres in the automatic programme and achieving energy efficiency standards of up to A+++ -10%.
Miele’s QuickPowerWash programme, combined with the ultra-quick dissolving Miele UltraTabs All in 1, cleans dishes, glasses and cutlery in less than an hour.
For the first time, Miele’s slim 45cm dishwashers are network-enabled with WiFiConn@ct, making it possible for users to see the appliance status on their smartphone or tablet and order detergent while they’re on the go. The appliance can also be voice-controlled with Amazon Alexa.
Additional features include:
- Patented AutoOpen drying which opens the door slightly at the end of the programme to allow moist air to escape, and a function that prevents condensation from harming the countertop.
- Easy pull-out FlexLine baskets with wide handles and an adaptable MultiFlex tray with a row of spikes that can be lowered.
- Height-adjustable upper basket with FlexCare cup rack holds cups securely in place. High-quality silicone holders designed to protect wine and champagne glasses.
- Four LEDs (BrilliantLight) evenly illuminate the interior and the baskets when they are pulled out, making loading and unloading easier.
- ExtraQuiet programme reaches a noise level of just 40dB(A).
- Available as integrated or fully integrated models, or as built-under or freestanding appliances. Colour options for models with a fascia panel: CleanSteel, Obsidian black or Brilliant white.