Published on May 13th, 2020 | by The GC Team0
KBBG creates business support plan for independents
The Kitchen Bathroom Buying Group (KBBG), supported by suppliers, has created a Five Point Business Support Plan to benefit independent kitchen, bathroom and bedroom retailers.
KBBG, which is part of DER KREIS, Europe’s largest and most established kitchen and bathroom buying group, said the response for the plan has been “extremely positive” and includes wide-ranging support across the kbb spectrum.
“Nearly all of our suppliers have agreed to the plan, offering significant support for our members and independent kbb retailers,” said Managing Director Bill Miller.
When the Government announces that UK retail businesses can re-open showrooms to the public, suppliers to KBBG who agree to the five-point plan will commit to:
- Continue to offer credit facilities to independent retailers
- Sustain prices until the end of the year
- Maintain stock levels and pre-lockdown delivery schedules
- Introduce special offers and promotions exclusively for independent kbb retailers
- Where there is a DER KREIS bonus scheme for members, the first tier of target will be cancelled to ensure that sales achieved throughout 2020 will receive, at least, the first level of bonus payment
“The KBBG is doing its utmost to support members during this extraordinary time,” Miller commented. “We appreciate agreeing to the Five Point Business Support Plan is asking a lot of our suppliers at a very difficult and uncertain time; however, commitment to our plan will give a boost for independent retailers at a time when they need it the most.
“The coronavirus crisis is one of the biggest challenges our industry has ever had to face. Once restrictions have lifted, it’s vitally important for the KBB industry to pull together and support one another, helping independent retailers through this unprecedented time.”
KBBG has also offered support to qualifying members by paying their 2019 bonus two months early to give them a much-needed cash injection.