Published on December 17th, 2018 | by The GC Team0
Lancashire firefighters tackle spate of appliance fires
Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service has advised households not to leave washing machines and tumble dryers unattended during use after a series of appliance fires, three of which involving tumble dryers occurred within a 24-hour period.
The above incidents took place in Blackpool, Preston and Bamber Bridge from the 9th to 10th December. “Thankfully,” said the Service, “no one was injured and the incidents were dealt with swiftly…
“Tumble dryer fires can occur at any time of the year, but there is no doubt that the colder, damper weather means we rely on them a little more in the winter time and this can sometimes mean we see an increase in the number of incidents we attend involving dryer machines.”
In the five days spanning 9th to 13th December, Lancashire Fire & Rescue Service attended seven fires involving white goods.
In addition to the aforementioned three fires, on 9th of the month, two fire engines from Preston and longridge tackled a house fire in Preston involving a dishwasher.
On 11th, crews from Lytham and St Annes were mobilised to yet another fire involving a tumble dryer at a domestic property.
On 12th, firefighters from Bamber Bridge and Chorley were in attendance for over an hour at a property due to a fire involving a washing machine.
On 13th, two fire crews from Chorley and one from Horwich attended a fire involving a dishwasher at a domestic property.
The appliance brands were not named.