Published on October 4th, 2021 | by The GC Team0
Loewe has landed
German brand Loewe, which officially announced its return to the market in August this year following its acquisition by investment company Skytec Group in December 2019, has confirmed its landing with a batch of new products including the bild i television and a selection of accompanying audio solutions.
Yes, the familiar names “bild” and “klang” are back, and, according to the new owner, “several hallmarks of classic Loewe remain the same – a commitment to clean, uncluttered design; a dedication to the considered design details that many other technology firms neglect; and a proud ‘Made in Germany’ ethos”.
“These newest developments from Loewe offer a significant turning point in the brand’s history, as it returns to the UK market with a series of inspirational products to certify its position within the premium TV market,” the business said.
“Building on its extensive design heritage, bild i and its accompanying sound solutions set a precedent for the future of the brand and its forthcoming product collections.”
Here’s the rundown….
Main image above: Available in three sizes, the 4K OLED bild i offers state-of-the-art standards for picture and sound quality such as Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Atmos™. The VIDAA operating system enables “outstandingly” fast access to integrated streaming services such as Netflix or Prime Video.
- Screen diagonal: 48”, 55”, 65”
- Resolution: 3840 x 2160 pixel
- Display technology: OLED (WRGB pixel)
- Image: HDR (HLG / HDR10 / Dolby Vision™)
- Connectors: 4 x HDMI / WLAN / LAN / Bluetooth
- Sound: 2 x 20w
- Rotation: + / – 20 degrees
- Colourway: Basalt Grey
- Available stand options: wall, floor, floor2ceiling
- Prices from £2,699
Pictured below: For those keen on enhancing their audio-visual experience, Loewe has also unveiled a trio of new audio solutions – two new soundbars, the klang bar i and klang bar 5, and subwoofer – klang sub 5.
Klang bar 1
- Total music power: 80 watts
- Designed for use solely with Loewe bild i
Klang bar 5
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, Dolby TrueHD, DTS X, DTS Virtual
- Total music power: 440 watts
- Frequency range: 60 Hz – 20kHz
- Dimensions: 120 x 7.1 x 16cm (B x H x D)
- Weight: 6.5 kg
Klang sub 5
- Features: 2 x active speaker, 4 x passive membrane
- Total music power: 360 watts
- Frequency range: 35 Hz – 150 Hz
- Dimensions: 38 x 21.4 x 38cm (B x H x D)
- Weight: 8.8 kg
- Klang bar 5 and klang sub 5 set priced at £1,359