Published on June 5th, 2019 | by The GC Team0
Pure’s first smart speaker offers enhanced privacy
Digital radio brand Pure has launched its first smart speaker billing it “a smarter speaker with privacy and discovery at its heart”.
The DiscovR, a portable Alexa-enabled device with X-SPAN design, disconnects the microphones when the speaker is closed, providing enhanced privacy.
“Pure understands that you want voice control, but also knows the importance of customer trust – therefore DiscovR has been developed with enhanced privacy in mind,” the company said.
While the unit functions as a fully voice-activated Alexa speaker, it can also be operated manually with touch-sensitive controls.
Its portable form and 15-hour battery life mean users can enjoy immersive 360° sound anywhere.
- Setup, customisation of speaker settings, access to product support and software update notification via Pure Home app
- Amazon Alexa built in
- 4 Quick Corner presets lets users save smart voice commands, stations, playlists, home control and Alexa skills
- Powerful 45W RMS output
- 1 x 3” woofer and 2 x 1¼” tweeters
- X-SPAN compressing design
- Aluminium enclosure with non-slip polymer base
- Rechargeable battery (15 hours)
- USB C fast-charging (up to 3A)
- Multiroom, Airplay 2 and Spotify Connect support
- Bluetooth audio streaming
- 3.5mm Aux-in for playback from other music devices
- Top-panel features: capacitive touch-sensitive controls for volume up/down, microphone mute, Alexa action button, source switching, Music Discovery (track identification), 4 x Quick Corner presets, LED/Light ring illumination to indicate feedback status, Music control – Play/pause, back/next track