Published on January 8th, 2019 | by The GC Team0
TCL debuts expanded range of AI-powered 8K TVs at CES 2019
Chinese TV manufacturer TCL, which launched in the UK last year and is one of the top three global television brands, today debuted its latest AI-powered 8K TVs, including its flagship TCL X10 QLED 8K TV. The company also officially announced it has joined the 8K Association as a founding member and launched its new branded platform for AI solutions, TCL AI-IN.
The newly-launched 75-inch QLED 8K TVs incorporate TCL’s latest Quantum Dot display technology and 8K resolution, and support Dolby Atmos® audio technology to create premium home theatre sound performance. They also support a wide range of smart functions powered by Android TV™ with the Google Assistant built-in or Roku (North America only).
“We are seeing demand for bigger screens and premium definition TV products, so we are proud to announce the addition of industry-leading QLED 8K TVs to our AI-powered TV product portfolio,” said Tomson Li, Chairman and CEO of TCL Corporation. “This is part of our continuous drive for innovation and the ongoing delivery of cutting-edge technologies and products to our consumers.”
TCL AI-IN is TCL’s new branded AI platform under which all of its AI-powered products will be grouped together and will successfully integrate smart technology partners such as Android TV, Roku and Amazon Alexa. With this platform, TCL says it is building an intelligent ecosystem that provides consumers with a simple, personalised experience.
The TCL X10 QLED 8K TV includes the following key features:
- 8K display technology with a resolution of 7,680 x 4,320 (33.2 megapixels), quadrupling the total number of pixels of a 4K TV and providing detailed images that are closer to real life in clarity
- Quantum Dot display technology that supports a wide colour gamut display, approaching 100% of the DCI-P3 colour space coverage
- Ultra-contrast control zones solution that enables precise backlight control to deliver better, ultra-vivid picture quality
- Support for Dolby Vision®, which can deliver colours never seen before, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker compared to a standard picture
- An integrated cinema-inspired soundbar from Onkyo, a world-leading premium audio equipment provider, with support for Dolby Atmos
- Android TV with the Google Assistant built-in enables users to use only their voice
- Integrated AI soundbar, allows the sound system to work independently when the TV is turned off
- Simple, elegant design, just 14.5mm at its thinnest point, making it one of the thinnest 75-inch direct backlight products in the industry, reducing optical distance to 4mm which is achieved by a revolutionary backlight structure
- Full-view design enables improved viewing experience with a wider screen
The unit will be available in selected markets from the second half of 2019.