Published on January 13th, 2016 | by The GC Team0
Whirlpool launches smart Supreme Care laundry appliances
Whirlpool is to launch its Supreme Care laundry range with 6th Sense LIVE® app for iOS and Android onto the UK market in February this year.
6th Sense LIVE® is the next step in the brand’s 6thSense® technology and will be available on the matching front-loading washing machines and tumble dryers which provide high performance in garment care and operate at low energy and noise levels.
The app keeps users in contact with their appliances via smart phone or tablet and acts as an enhanced interface, with new features that are not available on traditional laundry models.
The washer and dryer are connected, so work together, with the dryer setting the correct programme for the items washed.
The app allows the user to customise washing and drying programmes based on their family needs and saves them as a ‘favourite’ to recall later. It also allows users to choose the best time to run programmes and check energy usage with Whirlpool’s ECOMONITOR facility.
It assists in selecting the most efficient programme by displaying the estimated energy and water consumption, and if the user is not able to remove the laundry immediately it will suggest running the FreshCare™ option to keep clothes fresh by gently tumbling the load.
Whirlpool’s Supreme Care washing machines are equipped with the brand’s ZenTechnology™, which contributes in achieving an A+++ (-60%) energy rating, and are Quiet Mark accredited, claiming the lowest noise level on the market.
6th Sense LIVE® app features include:
- Remote control of appliances from any location: set or change the programme settings; start or stop the appliance; check its progress and receive notification when the programme has finished
- Simple programming choices for optimum wash results, garment care and resource consumption
- ECOMONITOR to ensure best energy and water efficiency
- Schedule programmes within a 48-hour timeframe. Provides an overview of the appliance schedule to avoid overlaps and energy-consumption peaks
- Order accessories and consumables from the Whirlpool online shop and receive promotions tailored to the appliance and usage habits
- Constant monitoring of appliances: alerts in the event of malfunction or failure; suggestions for maintenance or repair
- Practical online tutorials help users with specific laundry tasks and illustrate the functions and benefits of programmes
- PrecisionDose uses a bulk dispenser to automatically dispense the correct amount of detergent for each load, saving up to 12 litres of detergent per year
The new flagship Supreme Care washing machine (FSCR 12441) and matching Supreme Care tumble dryer (HSCX 10441) will be available from February 2016.